Facts on Fentanyl Forum coming Oct. 25

By Rosemary Lewallen

A 14-year-old boy took a pill which he thought was OxyContin. He purchased it off social media and it was delivered to his home. The pill actually contained Fentanyl, a cheap, highly addictive and lethal alternative. The boy died that night. This horror story is not a Halloween tale. It is how Alexander Hastings Neville died on June 23, 2020.

Please attend the “Facts on Fentanyl Forum” on Wednesday, October 25th from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at St. Irenaeus Parish Hall at 5201 Evergreen Ave., Cypress, CA 90630. Our speaker is Amy Neville, Alexander’s mother and Founder of the Alexander Neville Foundation. She will give information about the dangers of Fentanyl, and talk about how we can protect our kids, friends and associates from Fentanyl poisoning. This free forum is sponsored by St. Irenaeus’ Faith Community Nurse, Jennifer Dagarag, as part of Health Ministry. Refreshments will be offered.

We invite parents and students to come to this important forum. Fentanyl has caused the recent death of a toddler in a New York City daycare plus the sickness of two other children who were revived by Narcan after playing on a mat where Fentanyl had been placed hours earlier. This deadly substance is a threat to everyone. Learn how you can save a life. Call Nurse Jennifer if you have any questions at 714-826-0760.